Monday, April 23, 2007

Trigger Points

So, I woke up yesterday morning with a knick in my back, you know how that is. I slept really bad, because I had cats and my puppy in my bed. Well still having the pain through the afternoon, I attempted to try and get rid of it by twisting my back, and hoping that it would crack and be gone. Well, it didn't help, at all. It made it worse. My mom, who is an anesthesiologist, (a doctor that puts the people to sleep in operations) tried to massage my back and found a trigger point.
A trigger point is basically a knot in your back, a muscle spasm. You push it and it's really painful. My mom found it funny to push with two fingers really hard, just to "make sure it was a trigger point", and sure enough it hurt like hell.
You can get an injection that calms the muscles and gets rid of it, or you can just wait it out. I think if the shot gets it done then that's what I want. But, my mom is making me wait it out. It is supposed to take up to 4 weeks, but I'll give it a week and then I will beg for an injection.

In all essence: Trigger points suck.

No comments: