Monday, May 07, 2007

No gas on May 15th?

This has been going around for awhile so I thought I would take a swing at it myself and tell you what I think.
If you are wondering what this is about, and are completely oblivious to the internet world around you, then here:
People are trying to form and boycott the purchasing of gas for one day, on May 15th.

Will it work?

My answer: Most likely, no.

Why? It's simple. I'll list it on in brief terms for you.

1) Not enough people would actually do it to make a difference.

2) Twice as much gas will just be bought either the day before, or the day after.

3) Half the people that say they will do it, actually won't.

4) 24 hours is not enough time to change and impact gas prices.

5) In relation to number 2, I just read this article and it makes a good point. People would actually have to avoid using their cars that day to make an impact.


So unless everyone plans on taking a day off, it will never work.

No comments: